Wednesday, June 3, 2009

rebar ties -- a lot of rebar ties


Rebar ties are little pieces of wire that have loops on the end. You use them to tie rebar together before the concrete is poured. Yesterday morning I figured I'd have 200 to do today. Then we layed out the rebar last night. Gulp, it's laid in 12x12 squares. So, for a 1300 sq ft concrete floor, there are about 1300 little rebar ties. Clancy did a bunch of them, but I figure I bent over and tied about 700 of them today. Wonder why I'm sore. The pour is scheduled for 7 am.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Looking Good. rebar tying sounds like an art.....Tom

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.