Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hope Springs Eternal


I've started a garden. I'm not good at gardens, as I tend to somehow think all you have to do is "plant it and forget it." Not this year. It's right outside the Barn, and I have big plans to care for it every day. Hmmmm, well, maybe every few days.... Anyway, the first tomato plants I planted were enjoyed by the deer. I bought some 4' fence to put up, and Larry and Pres chuckled. I went back and got 6' fencing. Got lettuce, brocolli, tomatoes, celery leaf flavoring stuff (Barbra at the Huntsville "Art Gallery and Nursery" fast talked me into these), as well as a couple of plants that I can't remember what they are. When we were plowing the garden (yep, used a 55hp tractor to plow a 150 sqft garden) Larry found a rusty horseshoe. Good Karma, I hope.

1 comment:

Therese said...

Keep that rusty horseshoe, right Mary? Artwork can be made with that!

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.