Monday, August 10, 2009

"But where are all your women?"

For some reason I can just hear my friend and former colleague Ed saying "But where are all your women?" I went to the laundromat in Huntsville today for the first time. The last time I ran out of "clean" (Therese says they will never be clean again) clothes, I just went to WalMart and bought more. Not this time. I thought there would be women there doing laundry for their families. I know girls, this is a negative stereotype, but it's what I thought so give me a break. Anyway, didn't see a single woman. Bunch of old men, like me, and a few young hispanic men, doing the wash. I think the only guy in there when I left was only there for the television. I might have found an new best friend 'cause we don't have television down here in the barn.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.