Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tuesday 9/9/08


Drove down last night and stayed in the cabin. Bought a small printer so I can print out plans from Arkansas and the laptop. Cheap at Walmart. It takes two ink cartridges, one color and one black and white. This printer was so cheap that it didn't come with the black and white cartridge. Did the instructions with the printer say so? Of course not. So I chatted with "Patrick" online at Lexmark. He was sooooo polite. Too damn polite. He "sounded" (typed?) like he was really "Rasheed." My suspicion was confirmed when I tried to joke with him at the end -- I said "All good dude, over and out." Went right over his head, or maybe this was a senior citizen without a sense of humor. Took 15 minutes of my time to figure it out. Printer cost $35, the b&w cartridge I had to buy cost $17. Shit.

Bought a middle buster (think small plow) on the way down. On sale for $119, regularly $179. Spent from 6 until 8:30 (after dark) digging rows at the house site then scooping up the dirt to move it. I'd estimate that I moved about a foot of dirt from a strip about 6 ft wide. Got a lot to go, as one side has to be dug 9' and the other 6', and it's about 40' wide….. Looked up at 8:30 through the headlights, and I saw 20 eyes staring at me. Scared the bejesus out of me. For some reason it's scarier when you're by yourself. Well, the cows had come to see what was going on. Drove right by them on the way back to the barn after I finished my beer.

Unloading the truck I must have stepped in the same damn cow paddy at least 6 times. Got to be more on my shoes than remains on the ground. Got two books at the used book store in Fayetteville, and got the satellite raddio set up, so I think I'm set for evening entertainment.
After going to bed, had to go back out to the truck to look for something. Stepped in the patty again. Shit. (I was wearing my clogs.)

Listen to the words of songs a lot more down here. "I kissed a girl and I liked it." She's a girl kissing a girl, right? Think I caught on after hearing it for about a million times.

There are so many fonts. Wonder how I get one named after me? What a claim to fame. Some day I'll be able to say Ramdiddy is named after me. A goal for life . . ..


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.