Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday 9/10/08

Dug the house hole for 7 hours today. Tired. Hit rock about 2 ft down. Had a flat on the tractor, so I had to go into town. Stopped at the White Elephant, an old grain store that is now a tractor repair shop. Stopped there about 3:00, and nobody was there. Yelled "hello" about 3 times. Walked outside to look for someone, and I saw three guys hustling across the highway carrying fishing poles. They said it was slow, so they went fishing in the pond across the street. Gotta love it. Good for them. I introduced myself to Brett, who owns the shop. Told me to bring the tractor in and he'd check it over. Any time, remember things are slow. He recommended I take my tire to Johnny Walkers, on Hwy 74 past the EMS station.

Johnny fixed my tire while I watched a tape of last week's Huntsville vs. Harrison football game. Harrison killed them. Talked to Johnny for a few minutes. He and I connected when we agreed that Huston Nutt wasn't that bad a coach (sorry Ken). Called Michael, and he told me to come to Fayetteville to meet Clancy. Talked to Clancy about helping me with the foundation and basement. He'll come to Witter to look things over when I get back next week. Told him I was a "do it yourselfer," but know that some things I can't do myself.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.