Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy Day


Today was a good rebound after a boring day. I used the draw knife to peel the bark off two timbers. These are "before" and "after" pictures. It takes about an hour to do each timber, unless there are a lot of knots in which case it takes longer. I'd hate to have to do 8 of these a day to make a living. R&C got new shoes, and I learned of some trail rides in the area where I can meet some horse people. Then a woman stopped by, with a van full of kids, asking about the property for sale up the road. She told me they fell in love with our place and wanted to buy it when we did. She was sorry to see it wasn't this place for sale. Then Mike brought Alice, and David brought the last load of timbers. It's now storming, but I'm inside watching the ncaa on the internet. It looks like more rain tomorrow and Saturday. Grrr...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.