Monday, March 30, 2009

Ghost Mule

Mike and I were working behind the barn, as usual, this afternoon. The dogs started barking and running, which usually means they've heard a sound on the road, and they'll be back in about 30 seconds. Not this time. We looked up to see Sammy chasing a white mule from beside the barn down into the valley. It must have gotten loose, run down our road, then turned in our barn drive when he saw the open gate. Sammy quit the chase at the creek. About two hours later I get a call from a man who lives on the highway. He asked whether I had a white mule. I thought he was the owner looking for his mule, but no, the mule had ended up at his place and he was looking for the owner. I told him the mule had come running by my barn, but I sure didn't own him. It's not every day one has a white mule come running by his shop/office. I think the Indians would have called it a "ghost mule."

2 comments:

Shane Hackett said...

Dale - you are simply a stud. When you finish this project, Neala and I are ready for you to start on our timber frame project. Hope you are having a great time. Shane

Dale said...

Shane, thanks for the nice words. I'm looking forward to getting this one up so I can think about yours. :)

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.