Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dr Lynn

Dr. Lynn called at 9:30 to tell me to come pick up Clipper. He'd cleared the rest of the hay out of his esophicus during the night. Now vet Dale gets to give Clipper two shots a day for 5 days. Penecillan, just in case some hay got into his lungs when he was caughing, and another shot for inflamation, because that tube made his throat really sore. Why in the heck didn't I ever try to give a shot when Caroline was there to help? Then, just last week I had a chance to learn to give shots with (on?) Therese. Did I take the opportunity to learn? Of course not. Now I've got to give them to a horse. Dr. Lynn told me not to hit a blood vessel. So how do I know, I asked sheepeshly? We'll see if I understand tomorrow. Larry came today and we worked on the horse run-in shed. Ought to get the roof on tomorrow, then the sides sometime later.

3 comments:

Therese said...

Hay, Dr. Dale!
You best learn to spell Esophagus and Penicillin if you're to be a vet.
Therese

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Clipper is better. I hope she taught you how to tell if you hit a blood vessel! If not, I know how to do it, give me a call.

kc said...

Well done Therese! From that email skewering Dr. Dale it appears you are recovering quite nicely from your surgery.

About Me

My photo
Witter, AR, United States
We are building a timber frame home in a small rural community in Northwest Arkansas. We created this Blog so our family and friends could follow our progress.